Friday, October 12, 2018

Happy Fall Y'all!

Spoiler Alert....I'm not good at Blogging!  Ha!  I update on Instagram fairly regularly, but can't quite get into the routine of updating here.  I apologize.  

Yesterday I  managed to finish the stitching on Sophia by Summer House Stitche workes:



I was not 100% happy with the finish. I used the called for colors of DMC on white 14 ct. Aida.   Nothing against the design at all, it needed something. So, I steeped a 1 gallon tea bag in 1 cup of water and poured it over the piece.  Then dried it in the oven:

Much Better!

I made some lofty goals for October.  I'm going to work on Green Damsel by Ink Circles, Autumn by Mirabilia,His Name , 2017 Linen & Threads Mystery SAL & Start Bountiful by Trilogy for the instagram #turkeysal.    Feel free to follow me on instagram, @farmboyslove  

So far I'm managed to start & finish Bountiful: 

Chart called for 2 orange pumpkins


I've made good Progress on Green Damsel (my conversion), but failed to take a photo.  I'll work on it over the weekend and see how far I can get.  It's finally feeling like Fall around here, so I'm off to enjoy the weather. 

Until next time, Stitch on!  = )   Pam

3 comments:

  1. Your tea-dying on the first piece was a great idea and made a ton of difference. Congratulations on finishing both pieces! Enjoy your stitchy plans for October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia looks super following her tea bath. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia looks perfect that way. Congrats on figuring out what to do to fix it. Love your Bountiful piece too. Love the white pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • Good morning! This is Truck Full Of Daisies our newest Available here in our Etsy shop ! all of these adorable finishing pieces are from Paisleysandpo...
    2 days ago
  • Hey peeps. Thanks for stopping by. I've noticed readers are way down but that's okay I'm doing this for myself and anyone who happens to stop by. Welcome ...
    3 days ago
  • These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter..pity the one to Canada ar...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago