Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Stitch 9 Plans

I already intended to focus on several projects in 2019, but I'm now modifying that slightly in order to participate in the #stitch9challenge issued by @farmgirlstitcher on Instagram.  The basic idea is to choose 9 projects that you intend to complete in 2019.  There are very few rules:  you create an album, stitch and show updates.  Easy enough.  Were half way thru January and I have all year to meet the challenge.  At last count there were over 300 stitchers who've accepted the challenge.

Y'all, I am a little mad with myself!  I have to create a caveat to my 9.  I've owned Gingerbread Village (Train) from Country Cottage Needleworks since they were brand new.  Would have sworn there were 8 total--all this time.  NOPE!! There are 11 charts to this series & yes I own them all!  I've completed 2, so that leaves 9.  Being that I'd already picked 3 largish WIPs for this challenge  + the ornaments,  I didn't want to drop them. SOOO...I have 12 in my stitch 9.  Four of which I haven't even started!  #morethan9 #sosueme


 Let the games begin!  

Here are my 9 (a-hem 12) projects:

1 - 9) CCN Gingerbread Village.  I almost completed the Train in November 2018 but alas I had to move on.  
Started most of them during Maynia 2018



10) Still planning to only work on this in the Winter time & anniversary date in Maynia. Looks just like it did the last time you saw it.  
By Cricket Collection Started Maynia 2016


11) I'd love to have this completed by August, but I'm giving myself all year.  I've almost completed the "June" band.  
Linen & Threads Mystery SAL 2017 

12) My ultimate goal is to complete this before the 1st anniversary of the start date! Looks just slightly different from the last time you saw it.  
Ink Circles Started 2/25/18 My own color conversion

I'm so glad that Michelle didn't have a lot of stitch count, complex rules to deal with since we each stitch at our own pace. These are by far not the only projects I intend to work  on this year. I'm still going to work on smalls for my dough bowl & whittle down my WIP pile,  as well as stitch  items for Love Quilts USA.  

None of us knows what the future holds, but I enjoy planning and seeing what I can accomplish.  I hope you will as well.  Until next time, Stitch on!  = ) Pam  

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 9! They look like fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meari! I appreciate your encouragement. I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. For some reason i"m not receiving notifications when someone comments?? I hope you are well & warm!

      Delete

My Blog List

  • Good morning! This is Truck Full Of Daisies our newest Available here in our Etsy shop ! all of these adorable finishing pieces are from Paisleysandpo...
    1 day ago
  • Hey peeps. Thanks for stopping by. I've noticed readers are way down but that's okay I'm doing this for myself and anyone who happens to stop by. Welcome ...
    3 days ago
  • These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter..pity the one to Canada ar...
    1 week ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago