Monday, February 20, 2017

First Finish 2017!

Yall know I'm slow! But.... Finally... A finish in 2017!    Button Sampler by Carole Rodgers featured in Cross Stitch & Country Crafts Jan/Feb 1994.  This project was started July 2016.  Originally I had wanted to stitch on it once a week, but that simply did not happen!  I didn't even work on it once a month, *gasp!  It really was not a hard chart to follow and I enjoyed working on it, when I took the time to do it.  As you may recall I am giving this away.  My friend Anne was a seamstress & left behind many buttons when she passed away last April.  There's plenty of room for her daughter to add her buttons onto the sampler before having it framed.  I really cant say if I'll ever be able to show you the Fully Finished Object, so here it is--unframed, without buttons:




I'm so happy to share this next project I've deemed my "work project". Some days I arrive 20 - 25 minutes ahead of time due to good traffic etc.  On those days, I try to stitch. I started this little Mill Hill kit last July and just last week brought it to work with me.  Here's where it was the last time you saw it: 



and here it is today:

I have a good bit more beading to go before it's done.  You will NOT see this featured on my Instagram Account as it's for a friend who follows me there. 

The last project I'd like to share with you today is a 2017 Freebie Sampler designed by Linen & Threads (link here).  They are releasing a new band each month for the entire year.  I didn't find out about the SAL until after it had started and then had to purchase fabric, so I did not start the project until Jan 22. Of course here it is a month later & I'm still on the Jan part--bahahaha.  As of Feb 14th I had completed page 2 & a portion of page 3:



My plan is to have the January band completed by Feb 28th and I will update you here.  Until next time, 

Happy Stitching = ) Pam
Follow me on Instagram @farmboyslove

1 comment:

My Blog List

  • Our new internet is awesome!!! I get to be here for a normal Monday update. So I updated on Friday. Took the day off from stitching and tried to get caugh...
    15 hours ago
  • Good morning! The second Stitching themed Sassy Stripper.. "Stitch With Me" is available here in our Etsy shop! The mounting piece is from Paisleysandpolk...
    1 week ago
  • ...finished just right on time. This is my very first into a round ornament. I am so glad it turned out well, though honestly it was quite difficult, it to...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    1 year ago
  • 2 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago