Wednesday, February 28, 2018

WIPocalypse February Update

Well another month is in the books and its time to check in for WIPocalypse.  This month the focus is Gadgets.  I have 2 that I  love, one I absolutely can't live without!  I never leave home without a needle threader.  I don't know how it happened but my eyes got old.  I didn't, but my eyes did 😂.   I tend to be a "bull in a china shop" and break the ones with a wire, so I'm inserting a photo of my favorite threader to use.

My other favorite Gadget is my OTT light.  Mine recently bit the dust and I had to purchase a new one.  Praise the Lord, Joann's had a 50% off sale and I had a valid coupon for 20% off entire order as well.  Can I tell you, I got a deal!  This lamp is regularly $50, but I got it for $20.  It made my heart happy I tell you!


I managed to work on 5 WIP's in February.  I keep His Name is Jesus @ work.  If I have extra time in the mornings, computers go down or extra time @ lunch I will pull this out & work on it.  Pretty good for it to be my New Year, New Start!


I've also worked on Gingerbread Lighthouse.  I have all the colors now, but it's a lot of changing from one color to the next.  Whew this is gonna take a while to complete.  

Shannon Christine Designs

I managed to complete 3 projects this month.  Cappucino, Chocolate Mania & the Love Quilt square I started in January.  

Little House Needleworks Kit
Old Magazine Design

Brooks Books Publishing--Modified (Sorry for bad quality photo)

That brought my beginning of the Year WIP # down from 23 to 19. However, a sweet stitchy friend has let me borrow an Ink Circles chart, so I started it right away. 


Green Damsel (Modified Colors)
I just cant leave well enough alone 😂
I have one final thing before you go.  Last month I finished an item, that I FFO'ed it has now been received.  Wanted to show it off.  Until next time, thank you for visiting & Stitch on!  = ) Pam








5 comments:

  1. I love that gingerbread lighthouse! And I also can’t live without my OttLite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting your WIP's down, even if you did add one, you are still less than when you started. Wish I could say the same. Love your projects and I carry a needle threader with me all the time, even when I don't have my stitching bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching! I love the Ink Circles chart and your FFO is to cute!

    I can't go without my light or threader either and am glad to see I am not the only one who has aging eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Beautiful work. Great Finishes. Plus a finished finish. I love your dragonfly piece. I don't blame you for wanting to start it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, what a super post to read this morning. Your projects looks super. That needle threader is my Mom's favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • Our new internet is awesome!!! I get to be here for a normal Monday update. So I updated on Friday. Took the day off from stitching and tried to get caugh...
    14 hours ago
  • Good morning! The second Stitching themed Sassy Stripper.. "Stitch With Me" is available here in our Etsy shop! The mounting piece is from Paisleysandpolk...
    1 week ago
  • ...finished just right on time. This is my very first into a round ornament. I am so glad it turned out well, though honestly it was quite difficult, it to...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    1 year ago
  • 2 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago