Tuesday, January 8, 2019

WIPocalypse 2019 Initial Post

As promised on Wednesday, I'm back with my first WIPocalypse 2019 update.    For those of you who are new, Welcome to my blog! If any of you are returning, Thank you!   My name is Pam aka @farmboyslove on instagram.  I learned to stitch when I was still in elementary school b/c my friend was doing it.  Ha!  I stitched off an on for years, but really started focusing on my stitching in 2011 - 2012.  I've met some wonderful stitchers over the years thru groups, blogs, my Local Needlework Shop,  Floss Tube and Instagram. I look forward to getting to know my followers better this year.   

My cousin surprised me last year with a rather large dough bowl for my birthday & Christmas combined.  I'd like to have some new starts/finishes on some smalls throughout the year for it.   I currently have 3 biscornu's from 2018 swaps and 3 small pillows in the bowl.  Eventually I'd like to be able to have enough variety swap them out seasonally. 

I have several WIP's that I'd like to focus on this year.  I will be starting a few things here and there, but for the most part I'd like to get my WIP count down to a more manageable number. Twenty-eight for me, is too many!! For the beginning of the year these are WIP's that I'd like to complete sooner rather than later.  I'm also seriously considering joining @farmgirlstitcher #stitch9challenge (more info on her instagram feed).   I will NOT include His Name on that list, b/c for me that would be cheating : D.  
*i apologize in advance for all the wrinkles you will see in the following photos.  

1)  His Name by Joyful Expressions
This is the progress I've managed Jan 2 - 7. Just 3 1/2 letters to go + sign & date.  I'm stoked!




2)  Green Damsel by Ink Circles (my color conversion)
Progress as of Oct 15 2018 the last time I worked on it.  




3) Linen & Threads 2017 Band Sampler 
Here is my progress as of Jan 1 2019.  It will likely take me 6 months or more to complete this project, but my goal is to utilize a couple of Monthly Challenges to help push me thru on this one. 



 

4) WINTER by Cricket Collection  
This is where I left off the last time I worked on this piece.  I plan to spend 1 day per week until March 19 which is the official last day of Winter 2019.  Depending on how close I am to a finish I may continue working on it. Otherwise, I will work on it on the Anniversary of its start date in May.  I would then pick it back up in Dec on the first day of Winter.  




5)  Born Free a Kit
I started this piece last Memorial Day with hopes of completing it in 2018.  Ha!  With it being on black & mostly full coverage I did not devote very much time to this piece at all. 






I will be participating in a few SAL's in 2019 but I will save those details for my Jan wrap-up post. Thank you for taking time to read my post today.  Until next time, Stitch on!  

= )Pam





3 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful WIPs. I love the Born to Be Free one. Beautiful. I will enjoy cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading & commenting Katie. I apologize for the delay and responding. For some reason I am no longer receiving e-mails notifying me when I have a comment?? Weird. Just means i'll have to check my blog more often : ). Hope you are well. Stitch on!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful WIPs...Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • Let's recap my goals for April and have a peek at May. I met all my April Goals! Wohoo!! All marked off. So happy to report that. Now let's see May's pl...
    14 hours ago
  • Good morning! Our 3rd and last new release for May is the "July Monthly Weigh IN"! all the necessities .. The Wood scale display piece is from Paisl...
    16 hours ago
  • Can't believe it's nearly end of April..the days just passes by very quickly..I am just on time again for the monthly ornaments😊 Another design from the JC...
    2 days ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago