Monday, December 12, 2011

Ornament Party Highlights

Happy Monday!  I had a wonderful weekend.  My ornament exchange was a HUGE success!  To my suprise, we had 25 in attendance.  The diversity was amazing...from two weeks old to over 70 years old, newly weds (1 week) to 30+ years married.   We had so much food, and fun. Think everybody enjoyed the games.  Twenty-two ladies made ornaments to exchange.  We even had one gal who sent her ornies from out-of-state! 


A sample of the ornies


Going thru the food line

Some of the Ladies


Some more ladies



I was also suprised with hostess gifts!  My inspired friend brought me some wonderful stitchy accesories.  How thoughtful is she?  I just love her.  BTW, she has some great tutorials on her blog so check them out! 
Hostess gift

My sister invited her friend Oxana (no blog) to join us. Not only did she create some cool ornies within 24 hours of the party but she graciously made my nails beautiful for Christmas.  Such a dear sweet new-found friend. 
Oxana's owl ornaments








My decked out nails




















God has truly blessed me this year. I leave you with this thought from our devotional.  In the hustle and bustle of this CHRISTmas season, take the time to enjoy the Christ child, who grew up to become a man.  A man who gave his life for each of us.   

"Then because so many people were coming & going that they did not even have a chance to eat, HE said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quite place & get some rest'   Mark 6:31

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time indeed. Great Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornament party looks fabulous! And I love the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute ornaments and I love your devotional. so many people just get caught up in the things and not the real reason for Christmas.

    Mary Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best Ornie Party organizer I know! I'm always thrilled to be invited to this party, because I know I'm with ladies who love food, fun, crafts; and know the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas. Love-n-Hugs, sweet friend! ☺

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • ...just finished it today! Another design from the Just Cross Stitch Christmas ornaments magazine of last year. Still have a few I would like to stitch fro...
    9 hours ago
  • Good morning! The last piece in our Family themed set of Roundabouts ..”We Are Family” available here in our Etsy shop! The whole set.. with all the fin...
    2 days ago
  • I had a fantastic Spring Hoosier Retreat but first let me see what I did before leaving Thursday... Monday and Tuesday I got my 500 in on Halloween Potion...
    3 days ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    1 year ago
  • 2 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago