Thursday, August 4, 2016

August...already?

Hello my stitchy friends! I  hope you've all had a fantastic summer.  I have been busy working and stitching.  I owe you LOTS of WIP updates. I either started these in January or May.  July 4th weekend I attempted to stitch on all of my WIPs for at least 30 minutes.  I didn't quite work on them all, but I made a big dent!

Summer by Cricket Collection Before & After

America, Promise Me, Brew ha ha, Summer, Spring, Whole Latta Late, Jingle Pot Road, Afternoon in London, Autumn

Countdown to Christmas, FPS 2016 SAL, Autumn in my Garden, Happy Pumpkin Spice
Really want to get this one finished and framed for my great niece for Christmas this year, so she can use it next year.  She'll turn one in Sept.  So I'm working on it a little more consistently.  
More Countdown to Christmas before & after


Cappuccino by LHN
 This was a new start in June.  A special SAL from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I made some changes, mostly color.  I love the white sand beaches as opposed to brown!  I used Kreinik in the water too!  I'm actually almost finished, but for some reason dont have a photo?  This will be a Christmas present for another niece who LOVES the beach.  
June portion FPS Summer SAL

Some of July FPS SAL




 I have LOTS of haul including a giveaway I won. I also purchased two lots from Stash groups on FB, but don't have photos those.  One lot was 10 Mill Hill kits and all but about 4 were brand new for ..... $20!    The other was a chart of Teresa Wentzler Carousel *squee.  I'm going to start that one in 2017!

Purchased from LNS in June

LNS July

Purchased from JoAnn's June

An IG giveaway I won @ the top and Minders I purchased all arrived the same day!

Why yes, that's more minders I purchased!


Had a really exciting phone call from my neighbor in early July.  She was cleaning out a house & came across a bunch of cross stitch items.  She thought I might want it and called me to come over.  I went to her house and came home with a ton of new stash! 

Lot 1 neighbor gave me

Lot 2 neighbor gave me

Lot 3 neighbor gave me


Last but not least *insert drumroll*  New Starts : o. I participated in a challenge to start 5 new things last weekend and then work on them for 2 weeks. Four of them were from my haul above. Here's a pick of them before I started.
















Smores by Mill Hill

Sophia by Summer House  I didn't like my original fabric choice


Sea Turtle by Mill Hill
Love Quilts Special Project Square
O Holy Night --Yall its 18ct Black AIDA!!

This final start was actually started around July 23.  A dear friend of mine passed away in April.  I was reminded of this chart recently when speaking with her daughter.  I'm stitching this for her daughter and she will attach precious buttons and finish it to keep.  I don't really have a time rush on this, but I want to finish ASAP, so am trying to stitch on this one at least once a week.  




Congratulation if you made it to the end.  I'll try to be back soon with more progress. Until next time. Happy Stitching =) Pam

1 comment:

  1. Lots of beautiful stitching to look at. Love all your new purchases and your new starts. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • Good morning! This is Truck Full Of Daisies our newest Available here in our Etsy shop ! all of these adorable finishing pieces are from Paisleysandpo...
    2 days ago
  • Hey peeps. Thanks for stopping by. I've noticed readers are way down but that's okay I'm doing this for myself and anyone who happens to stop by. Welcome ...
    4 days ago
  • These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter..pity the one to Canada ar...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago