Tuesday, January 23, 2018

January Progress

Ta daaa...I have a WIPocalypse finish!! 

Design by Little House Needleworks
To celebrate I have 2 new starts--ha ha! One is a swap: 

Old Magazine chart
The other I am excited to say is for Love Quilts USA .(click name for link)  If you are not familiar with Love Quilts, I'll give you a little background. Volunteers all over the world cross stitch squares & send them in .  Sometimes they fit a specific theme chosen by the recipient, other times its a  predetermined theme that doesn't  have a deadline.    Parents of children with lifelong illnesses or terminal illnesses can submit an application for a quilt for their child. Each month new children are featured who are waiting on a quilt.  The stitchers have 4-5 months to get the squares mailed in.  Then a volunteer quilter puts it all together & then out to the child. 

I would love to see more people in our stitching community volunteer to stitch for this cause.  They can use more cross stitchers & quilters.  There are currently only 329 members in the Facebook group.  If this interest you, please go check out their webpage!

This time I've signed up to stitch for an Emergency quilt in the Pink & Girly theme.  This quilt will be made available for a girl aged 3 - 7 years old who cannot wait the time it takes to get a quilt thru being a featured child.  I chose to stitch the May Birthday Cake (Pink with Butterflies) by Brooks Books Publishing. I will be omitting the candle

Image result for images brooks books cross stitch birthday cakes
   
I have until May 1st to get it in, but would love to have it in by early March. Here is my progress so far.  

I also stitched for this same theme last year.  Since I never updated my blog with the finish, here is a photo of the final quilt.  I've circled the square I submitted.  


The finisher did a wonderful job putting all these together! Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'm scheduled to updated again on Sunday. Until next time, Stitch on!  = )  Pam

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish. I've stitched for a group like this before and it just feels so great to participate and make a child and the family smile. Love the one you are stitching and the finished quilt you shared. What a thing to treasure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaite! It really is better to give : ). Have a super stitchy weekend!

      Delete
  2. Pam, way to go on your WIP finish. What a beautiful quilt you were part of; thank you for sharing! I like the piece you are currently stitching for a square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! Both for stopping by and such sweet comments. Hope your weekend is filling with stitchy goodness!

      Delete

My Blog List

  • Good morning! This is Truck Full Of Daisies our newest Available here in our Etsy shop ! all of these adorable finishing pieces are from Paisleysandpo...
    2 days ago
  • Hey peeps. Thanks for stopping by. I've noticed readers are way down but that's okay I'm doing this for myself and anyone who happens to stop by. Welcome ...
    4 days ago
  • These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter..pity the one to Canada ar...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago