Monday, August 12, 2019

24 Hours of Cross Stitch


Hey Y'all! Welcome to another week.  This past weekend I joined in with a group of fellow stitchers  attempting to stitch for 24 hours within a 48 hour period. This was the 4th time that some of the people have done this.  It was my 3rd attempt.  

 Now before you go a get all excited, I only managed 12 official hours.  I was on #teamsleep.  I also went about my daily duties, work, shopping etc. Some of those more dedicated folks, set everything aside and only stitched during the 24 hours.  Some stitched for 24 hours straight, others took naps, while others like me spread their time over the 48 hour period.  

 This group is very laid back.  Each person picks their own start time & that's when their 48 hours began.  Even though I went to my LNS for our Friday meet up & stitched during that time, I did not officially start until 9:30 PM Friday.  During the hours that I actually stitched I also walked dogs, did laundry etc. The good news is I'm happy with my results. 

Some of you may be asking, why didn't you count the time you were at your LNS stitching as part of your 24?  I had just received a newly re-released chart, Easter Parade by Blackbird Designs. I decided that I wanted it to be my project for this event.  While at my LNS I purchased the fabric & threads for both the bunny & basket charts.  When I arrived home I started the bunny chart.  

Below is my hour by hour progression: 

New Start


Hour 1

Hour 2

Hour 3

Hour 4

Hour 5 
Hour 6


Hour 7

Hour 8

Hour 9

Hour 10

Hour 11

Hour 12
After the official time ran out, I decided to continue stitching while watching Wonder Woman with my family.  Below is the final progress I made on this project for the weekend!

Final Results



There are still many more stitches to be made in this project, especially if I decide to stitch the boarder.  I will likely put this one away for a few weeks as I have some other WIPS calling my name.  I'm still plugging along with my Stitch 9 challenge pieces as well as some gift pieces.   

Until next time, Stitch on! = ) Pam
Follow me on Instagram @farmboyslove
































2 comments:

  1. Fantastic progress! I was busy so didn't get to join in this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are having another one in October (4-6 ??). Maybe you can join in then? I'm not certain if I will be able to or not. Thanks for stopping by! Stitch on : )

      Delete

My Blog List

  • Our new internet is awesome!!! I get to be here for a normal Monday update. So I updated on Friday. Took the day off from stitching and tried to get caugh...
    12 hours ago
  • Good morning! The second Stitching themed Sassy Stripper.. "Stitch With Me" is available here in our Etsy shop! The mounting piece is from Paisleysandpolk...
    1 week ago
  • ...finished just right on time. This is my very first into a round ornament. I am so glad it turned out well, though honestly it was quite difficult, it to...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    1 year ago
  • 2 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago