Friday, August 9, 2019

It's Been Delivered!

Hello!  Welcome back to my blog (I refuse to address the elephant in the room.).   I wanted to share about a stitching endeavor that I had the privilege to participate in.  A group of stitchers have come together to stitch a design by Ursula Michael made especially for the Ronald McDonald Houses.  I chose the Columbia SC location b/c they supported some of my family members in their time of need.    I stitched the smaller piece for the Family Room, which is located inside the hospital. 

Close up of the stitching

Last week my cousin, her son & I  traveled to Columbia to deliver the piece.  She wanted to show him where his parents had stayed when he was born.  Back in 2010,  the Columbia house could only host 8 families at a time. They have a new house now and they can host 16 families at a time.   

I want to take a moment to give some information about  the Ronald McDonald House.  **This is NOT a paid advertisement!**
The Columbia location helped about 250 families in 2018.  They provide a place to stay for families who have children in the hospital with critical health issues and are far away from home. Not only do they have a place to lay their heads;  they provide meals, snacks and a community environment of support within the families.   Most of the funding for these homes come from private donations and fundraisers held throughout the year. They also accept donations of  tabs from soft drinks & soup cans. 

 I recently found out that you can sign up with Amazon Smiles (link here) and .05% of  eligible products you purchases will be sent to the Ronald McDonald House of your choosing.  You can also choose to send actual wish list items directly to your local RMH thru the Amazon Smiles program.  Would you consider signing up to support your local RMH today?

I enjoyed being able to participate in this stitch along. As always, it truly is better to give than to receive!  
Executive Director, Me, My Cousin & Her Son
Inside the Family Room


I thank you for stopping by today and hope you've enjoyed your visit.
Have a wonderful weekend & Stitch on!  = ) Pam 
Follow me on instagram @farmboyslove



6 comments:

  1. I volunteer at the house in Orange, CA and it definitely makes life easier for the families that stay there. Someone else made the sampler for the house itself, but I made one for one of our family rooms and will be making a second one for the other one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic Cathy! It's so great that you can volunteer. I really enjoyed stitching and visiting the Columbia location. The staff is so friendly and the place is amazing. Thank you for reading & commenting. Have a super week!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful piece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. What an awesome thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by! Stitch on!

      Delete

My Blog List

  • Let's recap my goals for April and have a peek at May. I met all my April Goals! Wohoo!! All marked off. So happy to report that. Now let's see May's pl...
    14 hours ago
  • Good morning! Our 3rd and last new release for May is the "July Monthly Weigh IN"! all the necessities .. The Wood scale display piece is from Paisl...
    16 hours ago
  • Can't believe it's nearly end of April..the days just passes by very quickly..I am just on time again for the monthly ornaments😊 Another design from the JC...
    2 days ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago