Monday, February 25, 2019

Fully Finished Object

I am so excited to write this post!  On Saturday I attended a class @ my LNS, Panda's Crossing. Donna, the owner, guided us in making a hoop box. She originally learned this technique from the one & only Vonna, the Twisted Stitcher! Vonna's detailed instructions are listed here, should you decide to try this at home.  

In all we had about 17 people sign up for this class.  Some people had their stitched pieces ready to complete the box by days end, while others did not.  Either way was perfectly fine.  

We started out the morning with an unfinished wood base and 6 hoops. 

Before


We sanded and stained them all. Then waited for them to dry.  We also cut out the circles for our box top.  

After lunch we began assembling. 

Mid Assembly



By the end of the day this is what my finished project looked like!


Infant Oaks by Cricket Collection (Vicki Hastings).  Stitch & Assembled by Me.  


A few of the ladies were kind enough to allow me to photograph their finished boxes as well.
I just love how they were all made the same way, yet look so different & wonderful!  


Sweet Land of Liberty by Blackbird Designs. Stitched & assembled by Christine

Spring Frolic @ Bunny Hill by With thy Needle & Thread(Brenda Gervais). Stitched & assembled by Tara

"Those who wander" by Emma Congdon (Stitchrovia).  Stitched & assembled by Lydia

This is a finish that I intend to utilize for possible future exchanges and gifts.  I hope this might inspire you to finish something you have laying in wait & ready to go.  
Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed your time here.  Until next time, Stitch on!  = ) Pam

7 comments:

  1. What a fun way to finish a piece. Thanks for sharing!! They all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun way to finish a piece. Everyone's work is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the finishing, what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your finished 'hoop' box. Thank you for sharing yours and a few of your classmates. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I've seen these finished many different ways. It's such a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just happened to run across the name of your blog this morning and checked it out. I love the box that you did. Beautiful colors and such a nice job. I'll be making one of my own in the future for sure. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • Good morning! The last in the Daisy series of Roundabouts.. “Daisy Bloom” is available here in our Etsy shop! “Daisy Bloom” also comes with a fun bonus ...
    1 day ago
  • Hello to my blog readers. I hope this reaches you on a good day and things are going well for you. Let's see what I worked on last week. I was in a weird ...
    2 days ago
  • These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter..pity the one to Canada ar...
    2 weeks ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago