Wednesday, February 6, 2019

SAL's I'm Participating in...(so far)

Wow how did it get to be February?  Its now past time for my WIPocalypse check in.  As promised last month, I'm going to talk about some SAL's I'm participating in for 2019.  

My last post was about the #stitch9challenge on Instagram & Facebook.  I won't rehash all those details here.  

I've also  joined the Facebook group HOD a Year of Celebrations SAL.   We are stitching Year of Celebrations by Hands on Design.  For me this will be a year long SAL. Others in the group have already completed all the charts!    I will be making these into pin keeps for my dough bowl. 

Image result for year of Celebrations by hands on design


I've started & completed stitching February:




I've also started March, made several mistakes, changed out the DMC colors to what I had in my stash & frogged a portion.   

   

Linen & Threads announced their new Free Mystery SAL at the beginning of January--Peacocks Garden.  Are you Kidding me?!!!!  I LOVE PEACOCKS. Obviously its a Mystery so I cant show you a photo of the design, but here is my progress:


 Definitely not something that will fit in my bowl.  Unfortunately, I'm off somewhere & I'll need to frog, before i can continue.  Therefore, he's in timeout. 😭



Emily C @ eclecticpossessions on Floss Tube & Instagram is hosing a SAL in honor of her birthday in March .  We will be stitching Goat Load by Plum Street Samplers. #goatloadbdaysal

Image result for goat load plum street

Is that not the cutest?  This too will be displayed in my dough bowl.  






I had planned to start Starry Night Sampler as a  2018 SAL. All I need to do is pull threads.    Lucky for me there are a few folks planning to start it this June and I am going to join them. As I often do, I plan change up some of the colors! Unfortunately, this will also be too large for my dough bowl 😀.  

Image result for starry night house cross stitch


I have not completely made up my mind as to how I will address Maynia this year.  I'm leaning toward the modified version that I followed last year.  If I have an incomplete former Maynia start, I will work on it for that day. If I have a free day, I may start a new SMALL project, which will either be for my dough bowl or a Christmas Ornament. I may also start my unicorn chart which I recently acquired.  We will just have to wait & see what I can accomplish between now & May.    

There may be other SAL's that will be announced during the year, but for now this is my list.  


 Until next time, Stitch on!  = ) Pam

2 comments:

My Blog List

  • Can't believe it's nearly end of April..the days just passes by very quickly..I am just on time again for the monthly ornaments😊 Another design from the JC...
    6 hours ago
  • It's the last Sunday of the month which means it's time for a WIPocalypse update. What is WIPocalypse? Measi has done this on her blog forever haha. It's...
    11 hours ago
  • Good morning! We have 3 new releases for May .. First up is "Cross Stitcher..Word swap! Look at that adorable floss! This chart is shipping to shops this ...
    13 hours ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    2 years ago
  • 3 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago