Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Lets Catch Up

 Goodness I can hardly believe that 2 weeks have gone by already.  I've been quite busy stitching and have lots to show you. I've had a bit of "startitus" as well.   I started and finished HUG stitched for a friend on Jan 11.  I've waited to show this on purpose. (Letters found in freebie online)  I know what you're thinking....Pam this is not finished.  You would be correct.  This is actually a joint effort that is being completed by some other stitchers.  If  & when I have access to the completed project I will share it with you.  




 Two other finishes that I completed on 1/16/19 were the arrows & the red heart that you saw in my Jan 15th post. I had every intention of finishing them into pin pillows, but they are still languishing unfinished on my table at the moment. 




 I managed to finish up the "June" Band of   Linen & Thread 2017 Mystery SAL on 1/31/2019.  As stated earlier I'd love to complete this design by August. Unfortunately I have not touched this for February yet. Perhaps soon!  




My next finish I'm quite proud of.  I started Green Damsel by Ink Circles on  2/25/18. I did manage to exceed my goal and finished on  2/4/19.  Go me : )   I probably will not frame it until 2020 as I'd like to hang it with my 2 band samplers & want the frames to compliment each other.  



Here it is with the original colors side by side one last time:




Lastly here are my color conversions just in case you were wondering:




As you can see there are 2 blues.  I was 50 stitches from completing the piece when I ran out of Peacock. I seriously thought 2 skeins would have been enough.  I may have used some on another project?  As my luck would have it,  when I arrived @ my LNS, the dye lot had changed.  It was much lighter than before.  I was able to tweed the Deep Sea & the Peacock together to achieve the desired color and the overall piece looks perfect 😊



On  2/1/2019 I started  Hands on Design Year of Celebrations, March. Stitched this during my lunch & finished on  2/7 /19.  I changed up Most of the colors to match my stash & of course added in my favorite color as well.  Who knows I might actually finish this up into a pillow by the end of February?  **Nobody hold your breath





Since I completed one thing for my March dough bowl, I decided to start something that I'd just purchased on the 2nd....Shamrock Row by Bent Creek.  I changed all the colors, and its almost done.  Just need to stitch 2 leprechauns.  




 I would have finished this already; however I signed up for a finishing class for Feb 23.  Though having the stitched piece is not required, I wanted it done.  Well of course time crept up on me--imagine that.  I had to stop working on the Shamrock row to start my next stitch....
Infant Oaks by Cricket Collection designed by Vicki Hastings.  This is another chart that I've just recently acquired and it worked perfectly for my upcoming class.  I started this on Feb 12 with just a few stitches and then picked it back up on Feb 15 and stitched like it was my job all weekend!  As of  2/19/19 I have a finish!!!  **I did modify the center as the original design suggest a monogram.  A  facebook group friend suggested a squirrel & the rest is history!



Stay tuned as I will  likely do another post next week after my class this coming weekend to show this Fully finished.  


Next up for your viewing pleasure is a start that I finished the same day--Whaat?  Yep you read that right!   I won this chart  a few years back and finally stitched it up on Feb 12.  Its called ...Sunflower Sampler. I plan to display this in my dough bowl later in the year.  




Again in my mind I had plenty of time to stitch my class piece so I also started the Hands on Design January block on Feb 13th in attempt to "catch up" on this SAL.   I've been stitching on this during my lunches.  I obviously can't read a chart and stitched the letters in the wrong color--Oh well. Mine will be unique : ) .  I also changed the other colors to my liking.  



I have signed up to do another biscornu swap which is due to be mailed March 17.  The theme is home.  I also started this on Jan 13th.  Now I need to focus on completing it in time to mail to Canada. This piece as well as my Shamrock Row will now be my focus pieces until they are completed.  


If you've made it to the end--Hooray!  Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope all your "x's" are straight and you love every stitch.  Until next time, Stitch on!  = ) Pam

2 comments:

  1. Wohoo lots and lots of beautiful stitching and finishes galore. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! Have a super weekend!

      Delete

My Blog List

  • Good morning! The last piece in our Family themed set of Roundabouts ..”We Are Family” available here in our Etsy shop! The whole set.. with all the fin...
    1 day ago
  • I had a fantastic Spring Hoosier Retreat but first let me see what I did before leaving Thursday... Monday and Tuesday I got my 500 in on Halloween Potion...
    2 days ago
  • ...parents here❤️. Our youngest Chris had got his Bachelor of Medical sciences last week. He is now doing internship for the coming years. Honestly, since w...
    1 week ago
  • Vallie 2/14/2010 - 7/29/2022
    1 year ago
  • I found this at an antique store over the weekend. The Perfect Pinker Model 1000. This vintage sewing tool cuts through fabric leaving a beautiful pinked...
    1 year ago
  • 2 years ago
  • Good golly! I have a finished finish! My first in a long while! I’m really happy with how it turned out, too! And it was amazingly easy since everything yo...
    3 years ago
  • Happiness is Cross Stitching Strawberries in Summer Mini Cat Cross Stitch Pattern Stitched on 32 count linen using dmc thread. Free pattern available on my ...
    3 years ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    8 years ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    8 years ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    8 years ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    9 years ago