Monday, March 7, 2016

First Week of March

O my goodness it's March 7 already! I have been successful in keeping it a Mostly Monogamous March.   I made decent progress on my Mira project.  Here's my day one start, which was actually March 3.


And here's where I ended last night which was Day 3 of my stitching time. 

I know, I know-- I didn't start in the middle, the shame!  ha ha  I have a tendency to start at the top if I can because that's the direction I like to stitch.  
Wanted to share a little bit of recently added stash.  Stoney Creek had a Superbowl Sunday Sale. Managed to eek out a few things that day.  
The butterfly Love was their February Free chart. I didn't get the rest of the series, but it was free so I figured what the hay!  

Needed a few DMC for my Mira project so went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday to get those.  While I was there found a chart on clearance.  Picked it up for $7.  I didn't realize they've gone up on their DMC again!  It's now .49 each--YIKES!  I'm gonna show my age here but I remember paying .10 each.  Definately gonna have to keep an eye out for DMC sales in the future.  
I have no plans to stitch any of these designs anytime soon, but I just had to have them.  I have not decided if I will work on my Frosted Pumpkin March "block" this week or not. I'm  enjoying working on my Mira, "Autumn in my Garden" so much. Unless I just get frustrated with it, I may just wait until next week for the Pumpkin SAL.  If you'd like to follow me on Instagram @farmboyslove you can see daily updates.  Otherwise I'll see you back here next week.
 Until then, Happy Stitching =) Pam


1 comment:

  1. Great progress! I've enjoyed watching it daily on instagram but love the bigger blog updates too. Love your new stash but oh my goodness I LOVE that frog!! I need to go check my hobby lobby.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

  • Today was another travel day. We had 4 and half hours today. 2 big cities. Lots of rain and traffic. But we survived. We only have a little over an hour t...
    13 hours ago
  • Good morning! Yesterday I changed out the tulips for daisies on the family room mantel and decided it was time for a new chalkboard! It was time for the ...
    21 hours ago
  • GIVEAWAY I haven't done one in quite awhile so I thought.....what the heck, now is a good time. This one is for a brand new pattern by Brenda Gervais of W...
    2 days ago
  • May Word Play by With Thy Needle and Thread stitched on 32-ct. Cobblestone linen with Gentle Arts Sampler Threads This was so much fun to stitch! I love al...
    3 days ago
  • Last weekend, I attended a Chinese brush painting workshop offered at one of the nearby colleges. Chinese brush painting is an ancient art form that goes...
    1 week ago
  • Snowy Christmas Mini Cat pattern free from my blog www.happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.co.uk DMC stranded cotton on linen Little charms stitched on Mill...
    6 months ago
  • The monthly SAL at Joyfulworld by Maja. Released around 9pm and glad we just got home from a party so i was able to start stitching and couldn't stop till ...
    1 year ago
  • One of my projects this year is the PalkoLap SAL. It's in four parts. The first part was sent to us on January 16. I finally finished it!! I was going ...
    1 year ago
  • Well according to some fancy fat rodent named Phil, Spring will arrive early this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Winter gives me a good excuse...
    1 year ago
  • 1 year ago
  • Wow! Half the year is over and I haven't blogged a bit! I have been busy crocheting tine flowers for my daughters' wedding in Sept. I am stressed out on ...
    1 year ago
  • *Another New Release* Introducing the 2nd in a Seasonal Series *Summer Balloons* © SunshineStitches Thank you Christine for stitching my design. You did...
    2 years ago